The Engaging Texts network provides a space where people engaged in the innovative practice of Philosophical Inquiry In Jewish Education can learn from one another and develop strategic partnerships across communities throughout North America.
Activities of the network include
- Advancing training opportunities for the beginner through to the advanced practitioner
- Facilitating the growth of cross-communal, and national collaborations
- Providing an online library of curriculum materials to network members
Why Philosophical Inquiry in Jewish Education?
Contemporary challenges: The need for meaning centered education
In an open world where we are faced with fluid choices about how to live as Jews, Jewish educators need to build capacities through which learners can construct meaningful identities and a sense of purpose that is:
- Informed by the ongoing Jewish conversation
- Lived in community
- In dialogue with the world around them, and
- Grounded in sound judgment
We believe that Philosophical Inquiry in Jewish Education provides educators with rich resources to meet these challenges.