Discussion Plan: Leavings
- Do you think we all have to ‘leave home’ in order to grow up? Explain.
- Avram took his extended family with him – so what was he really leaving behind?
- If you go away but you still think about people a lot, and text them/e-mail them, have you left them behind?
- If you still hear them speaking to you – telling you what to do – have you left them behind?
- In growing up – do you think the important thing is what you are leaving, or what you are heading towards?
- Are you attached to places as well as people? Describe these places.
- Which do you think would be more difficult – to leave individual people, or to leave your language and culture?